3.19.2011

New Cross Stitch Pattern...
Bunny & Co, in cross stitch, is here and ready to ship!

A couple of posts ago I was contemplating the finish of this piece. Per one of my blogger friends suggestions, I went with purple frills around this pillow. She said, purple reminds her of Easter...Purple IS the color of Easter and I just so happened to have a bouquet of fresh purple tulips for the photo shoot....P.E.R.F.E.C.T!!

If purple isn't your color, there are other color options for the seam tape ribbon finish on this design. Other colors that beautifully match the floss colors in this piece are - Moss, Posie, or Grecian Pink. The Grecian Pink is an exact match to the Baby's Breath linen by Weeks that this piece is worked upon...I think the Grecian Pink would give the pillow an elegant finish, as well.

Bunny & C0. is worked on 30 count linen (Baby's Breath by Weeks Dye Works) over 2 threads using Weeks flosses throughout. When the pillow is completed, sewn & stuffed it measures 8" x 12"...a perfect sized accent pillow. I have a vintage teddy bear that is sitting in a child's chair that is currently holding my pillow...so sweet!

* * * * * * * *

New market release patterns from other designers are still arriving weekly. New patterns from Stacy Nash, Karen Cluba and Primitive Traditions arriving this week.

* * * * * * * * *

Also new, are 6 new shades of the vintage seam tape ribbon. This is the ribbon that we use to add the frills to the edges of our cross stitch designs...it is beautiful! And YES, we do give the detailed instructions, in the cross stitch pattern, for adding the seam tape ribbon frill to the piece.

The six new colors are very reminiscent of faded colors of floss that you find in antique samplers.
New color arrivals are:
Coconut
Dusty Olive
Iced Lime
Leather Tan
Log Brown
Metal Green
Sea Moss
Suntan
To view all 56 colors of this seam tape ribbon click here.

It's going to be a beautiful day here, I'm off to open some windows and backdoor so the kitty can enjoy this beautiful morning and then mix up a batch of blueberry muffins for breakfast nibbling...
Have a good weekend everyone,
Brenda

8 comments:

jayne@~an eye for threads~ said...

What a lovely design. Bunny & Co. is very pretty.
Be always in stitches.

Zlata said...

Oh, it's so beautiful and cute!!!
Excellent pillow! )))

Nicky said...

Lovely little bunny and I love the purple frill - great choice!

Nicky

Linda said...

This little bunny is the sweetest and I love the purple frill...hugs, Linda

bep said...

Brenda, i hope the patterns are arrived verry soon,i like them verry much, Bep

Debbie said...

LOVE IT!!!!!

Laura H said...

What a darling little pillow! It would look perfect in my sitting room so I think I'm just going to stitch this very soon and do it just like yours. I've not ruffled ribbon around a pillow like that before. Would you give a how to or perhaps give a recommended link to one? Thanks! Happy stitching!

Barbara said...

Since finding your wonderful websites, I am about to spend my way into the poor house! At least I'll be happy stitching away! Your designs are beautiful -- I just ordered Bunny & Co. with all the trimmings! Thank you for such beauty and fun all in one place!
--- Barbara