11.28.2007

Avon Lady is calling....


As a child I spent many hours on these front steps, pretending I was the Avon lady of all things! This is the house that I grew up until the age of 7. My childhood home is a sad sight to see today. I know the day will come when we drive down the blacktop and the house will be GONE and the farmer will be farming the land that I knew as home. The barn where Mama kitty always had her babies in is gone, the feed mill where we looked for baby mice is gone, the corn cribs that we made mud pies behind is gone...but the house still stands. Perhaps the owner doesn't have the heart to tear down the house, just wish he would paint it a bright white with green trim as I remember it to always be.

1 comment:

SANDY GERVAIS said...

ujtzI never played Avon lady on the steps but I spent many hours playing house with my baby Sally and Vicky and Vort with Linda. Later on in life I read Dandilion Cottage on the steps. (I read that book every summer.) I also did any hand work that needed to be done on my 4-H project on those steps. The house was not air condiditioned and working on wool in August was not fun. I too have fond memories of the little white house with dark green trim. Your sis Sandra.