8.12.2011

My new eye candy...

"Mansion House at Fox Hollow"
is framed
and
has found it's spot in my home.

I sat and just enjoyed looking at it
&
really really liking it
as I sat
and
sipped my cup of coffee
on this rainy Friday morning.
We need the rain desperately
however
it did make for dark photos this morning...


Without further ado,
here she is...
worked in shades of browns, faded blues and straw
hand over-dyed flosses.
Browns and blues together,
oh dear,
that color combination
just seems to make my heart flutter...
Look at all those windows with their little panes...
fun to look at
and
to
stitch
(well maybe not)
but
not so much fun to clean,
I'm thinking...
Meet the goose and rooster...
aren't they sweet?
{sigh}
And then there is that little guy down in the corner...
you all know how much I love this little guy!
You don't see too many samplers with a fox motif.
I'm thinking he just might have his eye on that rooster,
or maybe even
the goose...
what say you?
No need to fret though,
that's what the dog is for,
right????
and the finish!
Are you thinking yet,
that's one big house.
We'll just pretend it's a mansion,
shall we?

The house is largely out of proportion
to the sampler,
but I love the charm
&
feel
that it adds
to the overall look of the piece...

And of course
we couldn't have an antique reproduction
without the antique...
isn't she lovely?
Stop back tomorrow
when you can meet
Ann Dickinson 1819!

Just a little shout out to model stitcher Susanna,
who stitched this piece for me...
thanks a million girl,
beautiful work as usual!

Have a good weekend everyone,
Brenda

22 comments:

BrendaS said...

Beautiful Sampler! The colors are definitely drool worthy:)))

Mindi said...

Beautiful! I love the soft tans, blues and greys, then the punch of color from the dark brown, its so peaceful and relaxing. The motifs add such a nice touch of whimsy to the big house.

MoonBeam said...

Love the bricks on the house and the color combo. Very relaxing.

Cindy said...

Love the colors. I can't wait to stitch it.

gracie said...

Lovely.....

Christine said...

I'm in love too! The colors are beautifully relaxing on the eye.
I'm glad I don't have those panes to clean!
Thanks for sharing!
Christine

Anonymous said...

Love the color combinations too. Very soothing. I really like the way the house brick was done. Never seen this design technique before. Very effective
No wonder you like it so. It's one of those samplers that you instantly fall in love with.

danièle said...

Ohhhhhhhhhhhh.....I like it !!!!
Colors are so beautiful....

Penny said...

I love it! Hope the new patterns are released soon. I have nothing to stitch. Yeah, right! LOL

butterfly said...

Another lovely sampler, love the soft colours

Zlata said...

Very beautiful sampler! So big and nice home is ready to accept a lot of friends and give shelter to a large family! Wonderful work the young Ann!

Lynn said...

Do I ever love the colours!! I find them very restful and calming. This one is definitely speaking to me. It's gorgeous!!

Laurie in Iowa said...

I'm in love with the color palette.

TheCrankyCrow said...

Beautiful sampler - great work Brenda (and Susanne!!) Love the muted colors...and oh, that little fox just steals my heart! Smiles & Hugs ~ Robin

Anonymous said...

Such a beautiful sampler!!! I am so excited to see Ann Dickinson. Looks like two new samplers will be added to my stash! Oh, I can hardly wait until they are available for purchase. Blessings from Kentucky - kelley

Anonymous said...

Do we really have to wait until tomorrow?
Love your new sampler!
Angela

Karyn said...

Oh Brenda, that is one gorgeous finish! I love it and those colors...divine job, darlin'...Enjoy it!

Hugs
Ma

Paulette said...

Must. Have. This.

Paulette

P.J. said...

Oh what a George us piece. I am definitely looking forward to stitching this one. It will make a great companion piece to another house design with soft blues and browns. Won't they look nice hanging juxtaposed on the wall. Thank you for reproducing a piece of needle work history.

Beertje Zonn said...

This is beautiful!

Beertje Zonn

*Kountry*Porch*Primitives* said...

Love the color combination...so pretty!! Beautiful job ~Kriss~

mdgtjulie said...

Lots of wildlife in this one. I especially love the little fox. He's so cute. Great job Susanna. She must have been super quick!!!