5.12.2011

Thursday Musings...

One of my favorite autumn-time decorations is a sign that I hang.

It reads...
" I shall not go to town when the bittersweet blooms."


I love the verse and think of it often at this time of year.



It reminds me that I need a sign to hang for this time of year.


It would read something like this...


"I shall not go to work when the grosbeaks are in town."



~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
It's been a busy morning already...


I've put some of my morning stitches into the Autumn Sampler of the Seasons, it is progressing nicely...watch for it's release date on the 1st day of Summer, June 20th.


I've done my morning chores, bird chores that is. Feeders are filled, jelly replenished and juicy oranges are hung. Currently these feathered creatures are eating 8 oranges a day...yikes! I'm thinking it's time to start buying generic jelly...they won't know the difference between Welch's and generic, will they?


The website was updated too this morning...new applique/quilt patterns from Wednesday's Best and a couple of cross stitch charts from Pineberry Lane. Check them out when you have a spare moment!


Speaking of cross stitch...


remember tomorrow is our last Friday posting of the Soar SAL...send me pictures today folks of your wip's.


And lastly...


the Mystery Sampler, "Birds of a Feather" is released! The patterns are on their way to your LNS, as I type.


With thy Needle & Thread,
Brenda

7 comments:

Rain said...

Beautiful photos of such a delightful bird!! Thanks~~Rain

Susan At Glen Oaks Primitives said...

Brenda,
You have the most varied and lovely
gathering of birds on your property.
Enjoy your days!
Warm Regards,
Susan B., Western MA

Susan McShannon-Monteith said...

Beautiful birds.I'll have to try the grape jelly, I make my own each season. I hope they like it!
Susan

Larkrise garden girl said...

I love the birds what a calming picture. Cheri

Nancy said...

Beautiful pictures of the birds!

MoonBeam said...

I am really enjoying your bird photos and info. Thanks. 8 oranges a day...WOW!

We picked up our Birds of a Feather kits yesterday. The threads are beautiful and go so nicely with the linen. The border is different than I expected -very nice. Can hardly wait to begin.

I guess I'll just have to get back to Soar in the future.

mdgtjulie said...

Your birds are beautiful. And hungry!!! Wow, that's a lot of oranges per day! You must be spending a fortune on them. I love their little red spots. My mom has a finch feeder, and she gets all kinds of finches (and some squirrels too, lol). Can't wait to see the finishes!